I was struck by the passion of Linsey Myers who set up a facebook page – Rear Facing – the way forward to raise awareness of the benefits of extended rear facing. On her facebook page she also cuts through the myths & concerns surrounding rear facing, such as ‘my child won’t be comfortable’, ‘where will they put their legs?’, ’my child will be bored’.
There is also a website at www.rearfacing.co.uk run by Helena Atkinson which is jam packed full of useful information.
- Join the Rear Facing facebook page which has an actively engaged community sharing information and views
- Sign the motors.co.uk Rear Facing child seats awareness campaign – there is an e-petition here.
- Look at the regulations on child restraint systems from ANEC (European consumer standards)
- You can help by raising awareness. Every tweet and blog post helps – you can link to this one or to the Rear Facing pages.
What do you think of extended rear facing car seats?
FREE travel activities by email
- Camping with kids
- Competitions & Giveaways
- Family holidays
- FREE Children's travel activities
- Postcards & Rock
- The Gallery
- Travel experiences with kids
- Travel safety
- Travel tips with kids
- Travelling to school
- Unusual suitcases
- Walking with kids
- What's in your suitcase